The public education system has been hijacked years ago. But now the federal government has been secretly implementing a new program that will single-handedly revoke any and all constitutional rights of American citizens.
Don’t think that’s possible?
Let’s take a closer look at the Common Core State Standards. Originally brought on by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), which together, formed the Common Core State Standards Initiative in 2009.
Here’s their mission statement taken directly from their website:
The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With American students fully prepared for the future, our communities will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
Certainly, no one is making the case not to fund or promote programs that has a proven track record to enhance a child’s creative ability to learn and apply common principles to life. But as nice as Common Core’s mission statement sounds, it’s nothing close to improving the betterment of children and their education.
Common Core is nothing more than an attempt to have the freedom of our children removed and replaced with a destructive ideology that seeks to manipulate young minds and profit only those in power.
I write this to alert all decent and brave Americans. Below I developed the “Top Ten Dangers of Common Core” to help you get informed and spread the truth!
Top Ten Dangers of Common Core
- It’s unconstitutional. The basic tenets of Common Core overreaches into the “consent of the governed.” As reported by Emmett McGroarty and Jane Robbins of A Pioneer Institute and American Principles Project, they found Common Core to be an “illegal direction of curriculum and usurpation of state autonomy.” They further explain, “The point of standards and assessments is to drive curriculum. By imposing the Standards on the states, and by funding their aligned assessments and imposing those on the states as well, the U.S. Department of Education is violating three federal statutes prohibiting its direction, supervision, or control of curriculum. In addition, because states that adopt the Standards must accept them word for word and will have little opportunity to add content, the states must relinquish their autonomy over public education, all to the denigration of parents’ rights.” The point here is a simple. The voters never decided on Common Core! This is an abuse of the Executive Branch. (US Code Title 20 Education Chapter 48 Section 3403)
- Eliminates classical education for control. Here’s the overarching truth: Common Core intentionally removes parental rights, surrenders teachers helpless, reduces the quality of student achievement, and runs schools into the ground. Jamie Gass and Jim Stergios, writing for The Weekly Standard Blog had this to say about Common Core: “Common Core emphasizes experiential, skills-based learning while reducing the amount of classic literature, poetry, and drama taught in English classes. Its more vocational bent includes far greater emphasis on jargon-laden “informational text” extracts, and it supports analyzing texts short of historical context and background knowledge.” This is BIG GOV’T pulling out all their fancy graphs, published committee reports, and legislative jargon to validate “the problem” of our low grade school systems and poor test scores, when all the while, it’s because of them that this crisis gets even more out of control! But this is precisely what BIG GOV’T wants. The more out of control everything is, the more out of control their elite power becomes! (WARNING! This is about revoking God-given rights and replacing them with man-controlling permits.)
- Advancement of ideological and political agendas. The real truth behind limiting students reading and writing of the most basic levels of literary studies, is so that they become indoctrinated by the Common Core texts of history (i.e., progressivism), natural sciences (i.e., naturalism), social sciences (i.e., tolerance), and government (i.e., socialism). These subtleties are increasing and destructive. It’s an ideologically driven program designed by lawyers and disguised to bring solutions to all our educational problems. The only problem is, it’s not a program developed or endorsed by parents, teachers, or students.
- Greatly weakens English, math and analytical learning. The way in which Common Core does this is by reducing the required reading and writing on classic literature. The many passionately-inspired teachers, who excel in developing the best and brightest in their classrooms, are now being disciplined because their teaching doesn’t conform to the system of bureaucracy.
- Poor standardized tests that assume to know “the what” and “how” to make students efficient to succeed in their chosen path and/or career. Harvey Cushing puts it best, “Standardization of our educational systems is apt to stamp out individualism and defeat the very ends of education by leveling the product down rather than up.” On the ACT’s website (fully aligned to the Common Core Standards and Beyond) it states that their new assessment system, “provides meaningful information that helps individuals and organizations unlock their full potential.” Really? I guess the question that needs to be asked what does ACT mean by “meaningful information?” Not to mention what they mean by “unlocking” a student’s “full potential?” This is nothing more than a gimmick to indoctrinate people to support a corrupt system. Thus, Common Core is a total overhaul of our education, and will completely wipe out any hope or innovation left in America if implemented.
- The preparation of standardized testing isn’t improving students’ comprehension and retention, but causing many to suffer from mental distress, physical illness, and exhaustion. Kris Nielsen, in his book Children of the Core, has this to say: “The Common Core Network guarantees more frustration, stress, burnout, illness, and dropout students. In fact, according to research from several experts, standards of any kind, which prescribe certain benchmarks by grade, age, or class, stifle learning…Remember, the Common Core State Standards come from two lawyers and a consortium of leaders representing Corporate America.” If these tests are designed to boost a student’s performance…then why are so many of them going insane?!
- An unlawful tracking system that collects and shares personal and confidential information of students. Common Core breaches the federal student-privacy laws and takes the identity of American citizens (who happen to be underage) and shares this sensitive information with other departments of government as well as to the highest bidder. Kyle Olson (Education Action Group) appeared on TheBlaze TV. He provided some very scary litany of “data points” hidden in Common Core. He stated that these points include, “blood type, voting status of their parents, religious affiliation, their income…things that have nothing to do with their children’s education.” Tiffany Gabbay (TheBlaze) writes, “Even more off-putting is the revelation that a 44-page Department of Education Report released in February indicates that the Common Core data-mining system could one day implement monitoring techniques like “Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging” (scanning one’s brain function), as well as “using cameras to judge facial expressions, an electronic seat that judges [a child’s] posture, a pressure-sensitive computer mouse and a biometric wrap on kids’ wrists.” (This is even scarier than information being shared through social media without your knowledge or consent).
- Tax hikes to pay for the over-grossly paid government employees who enforce outrageously expensive and unwarranted mandates not approved by Congress. Estimates are projecting Common Core to cost almost 16 billion dollars!
- An outright bullying tactic to bribe Congress and provide massive payouts to companies banking on the flunking of our education system. Take Bush’s “No Child Left Behind” and Obama’s “Raise to the Top” and all you get is a bunch of standardized testing that has never recorded any educational and innovative progress of our children in the classroom! Instead, what these programs have done is lower our students’ standards of performance and testing; and then use these poor nationalized test scores to issue outside resources to develop programs funded by taxpayers.
- Interferes with private schools and home education by restricting free choice by forcing standards and assessments never agreed upon. It’s pretty ironic that religious organizations and families, who want nothing to do with public education, are yet, forced to comply with regulations that have no interest in preserving or protecting their rights to raise and educate their families as they deem fit. It’s important to note that the U.S. Supreme Court decided in a landmark case Pierce v. Society of Sisters, “The fundamental theory of liberty upon which all governments in this Union repose excludes any general power of the state to standardize its children by forcing them to accept instruction from public teachers only. The child is not the mere creature of the state.” What this means is the federal government has no jurisdiction over sovereign states or the right to interfere with parents’ rights to educate their children in their homes.
Accountability and Action
Don’t be fooled by the lies perpetrated by bureaucratic parasites and allow them to take away your parental rights and future freedoms of your children!
Take action below and use the information you gained to empower others!
- Get better informed at Wallbuilders so you know what to tell your legislators about Race to the Top and Common Core mandates.
- Call your local and state representatives.
- Support FreedomWorks initiative to abolish Common Core.
- Get updates and see the progress made to stop Common Core.
- Spread the “Top Ten Dangers of Common Core” to as many people as possible.
- Purchase my book “The Raging War of Ideas” on Amazon and learn how you can take back our faith, family and country.